Ever been in love with a book cover? The bright leafy green cover of this book in an almost inexplicable way attracts me to it every night after I finish my day's chores around midnight. Reading Kafka is a daunting task (I tried the Trial in law school and failed quite miserably at all attempts to finish it.) and it was certainly not easy understanding the first story from this lovely looking book consisting some of his most famous short stories, but this time around, I enjoyed reading - re-reading and again re-reading it till I finally got what it wanted me to get.. Or so I think..
Here is the essence that I think "The conversation with the Supplicant" carries within it:
Because all experience is understood only through the language of metaphor, it is perhaps impossible to strip away metaphor to reveal the truth of the matter. Then it would also be fair to conclude that it is impossible to experience life without interpreting your experience.

No comments:
Post a Comment