Dewdrops on Maple

Dewdrops on Maple

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Love for Words!

I always thought I was born to be an actor which I never became :) but with time the more I saw my reflection in the waters of life, the more I figured it was 'words' that were my true love. I think I have always had a passion for acting because I love beautiful words floating on screen. I love acting because in Indian cinema it involves singing (I stand corrected- Mimicking) beautiful lyrics.

I discovered all very slowly that I am in love with the beauty of 'words' and acting only is an exhibition of that beauty, so all along I was mixed up between the two.

"My love" has very slowly revealed itself to me. It is in fact only today that I discovered, I must have taken some of this fascination for words from my father.

My father's one liners are my favorite. Today he said to me "I hope HE puts fruits on your branches for your kind deeds".

This beautiful line was thrown my way to shower me with a bit of love as I am nursing my sick mother just days before my first baby is expected (original intention was the other way round, ofcourse) and circumstantially I have faced rather rough weather during the past 1 year or so.

It's not the superficial beauty of words that impresses me but it's deeper connection and meaning in our lives. Their beauty is so mesmerizing that I want to believe in them. As if their beauty itself vouched for their sincerity.

I have learnt today that my admiration and love for beautiful words runs deep only because I look for 'life' in them.









No comments:

Post a Comment